Followers

Monday, December 21, 2009

How Spiritual Law and Consistency Is Changing My Life

I was taken abroad today by the fulfillment of understanding Jim Rohn's personal philosophy of setting our sail. He writes: "What guides us to different destinations in life is determined by the way we have chosen to set our sail. The way that each of us thinks makes the major difference in where each of us arrives. The major difference is not circumstance, the major difference is the set of the sail."
I have come to understand that it is the way each of us "thinks." Setting the sail is our attitudes about ourselves, our world, the people, the activities we choose to do. It is our attitude about life that makes the major difference. It is the consistency of how we think about our lives not only today, but for the future and where we want to go. Jim says "It doesn't matter where we start, but where we want to go."
You see, if we keep thinking about and replaying the same thought patterns in our minds, whether we are making changes in our lives or not, its those very thoughts that keep us stuck or keep us going. We must choose to see ourselves and our lives how we wish them to be in the future. Spiritual Law states that "Man can every wish he desires if he has no doubt or worry in the formula."

Thinking about how my life would be when I'm financially free is about the hardest work I must do everyday. As foreign as it used to be, with consistency of my imaging faculty it is becoming more of a reality. It's taking practice and consistency. One day at a time. Logging into a gratitude journal helps to keep those thoughts on track. Taking a walk every morning for thirty minutes helps to keep my mind clear and free. These are not options for me anymore, it's become my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment